- 1 stick butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 cans green chilies (or you can use fresh jalapenos, it depends on how spicy you want it)
- salt and pepper
- Cornbread mix
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 egg
- 1 large container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan. Saute the onion and chilies until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Mix together the cornbread mix, creamed corn, and egg.
- Spread the cornbread mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread the onion and chili mixture over top.
- Dollop sour cream over the top of the onion mixture. I do not like to spread it out, I like it be in clumps like this.
- Cover the top with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake the according to the mix directions. Mine took about 18 minutes.